The HDU is designed for use in shearwalls and braced-wall panels, as well as other lateral applications in wood construction. The HDU uses Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws which install easily, reduce fastener slip and provide a greater net section than bolts.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are supplied with the holdown to ensure proper fasteners are used
- Predeflected seat eliminating deflection under load
- No stud bolts to countersink at openings
- See table
- See General Notes for Holdowns and Tension Ties.
- The HDU requires no additional washer.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws install best with a low-speed, high-torque drill equipped with a 3/8″ hex-head driver.
- Fasteners and crescent washer are included with the holdowns. For replacements, order part no. SDS25212-HDU_. (Fill in the size needed, e.g., HDU2.)
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||B (in.)||CL (in.)||SO (in.)||Coating/Material||Product Includes:||Packaging Qty.||Color||Carton QTY|
|HDU5-SDS2.5||14||3||13 3/16||3 1/4||1 5/16||1 3/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||(14) 1/4 in. x 2-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and (1) crescent washer||1|