The Simpson S/HD series of holdowns are designed for installation with either screws or bolts into the studs or column. The S/HDS series installs with #14 screws and has been designed to utilize fewer fasteners to reduce installation time. The S/HDB series is ideal for bolt-on applications where the cold-formed stud manufacturer can pre-punch the bolt holes.
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Anchor bolt washer is not required.
- Standard washers are required on stud bolt nuts for model S/HDB.
- Thin wall socket (OD=2″ maximum) is required for S/HD15 to tighten the 1″ anchor bolt.
- Stud bolts – use A307.
- Boundary members (back-to-back studs) design shall be by Designer.
- S/HDS and S/HDB holdowns can be welded per Designer’s recommendation and specification. To tie back-to-back stud members together, the Designer must determine the fasteners required to bind members to act as one unit. Welders and welding procedures shall be qualified as specified in AWS D1.3. Welded connections used for cold-formed steel structural members in which the thickness of the thinnest connected part is 0.18 inch or less shall comply to AISI S100 Specification Section E2.
- See SET-XP® and AT-XP® adhesive products for anchor bolt retrofit options.
NOTE: The correct fasteners installed in the correct position must be used to achieve published load values
Manufacturer name: Simpson Strong-Tie