The HU is designed for structures requiring additional strength and safety factors. Some models of this heavy-duty, face-mount hanger can be special ordered with a skewable seat and a seat that slopes as far as up to 45°.
- Added triangular holes on most models for additional load capacity
- HU-series hangers are tested, load rated and code compliant
- 14 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Can be installed filling round holes only, or filling round and triangle holes for maximum values.
- Joists sloped up to 1/4:12 achieve table loads.
- For installations to masonry or concrete, see HU in masonry.
- Can be welded to a steel member. Allowable loads are the lesser of the values in the hanger tables or the weld capacity — refer to technical bulletin HU/HUC Welded onto Steel Members (T-C-HUHUC-W).
- When nailing into solid sawn carrying member’s end grain, the allowable load is adjusted by a factor of 0.67.
- For both flanges concealed, order HUC
- See table-modifications table for available options and associated load capacities for HU hangers
- For ease of ordering, refer to technical bulletin U/HU Hangers (T-C-U-HU-WS)