Part Number: XT930W
Application: Exterior wood screws for outdoor applications. Attaches wood to wood.
• Meets ASTM A 510 for carbon steel manufacturing
• Product meets ASTM B-117 for salt spray corrosion testing
• WAR coating exceeds 1000/hr. salt spray resistance
• Designed to work with ACQ treated lumber
• Star Drive prevents cam out and stripping for improved driveability
• Type ‘17’ reduces wood splitting and eliminates the need for pre-drilling
• Nibs under head provide flush finish
The WAR coating is a high-grade metal surface processing technology that prevents corrosion. The system constists of three layers: a metallic zinc layer, a hex-chromium or trivalent chromate passivation, and a high-grade anti-corrosion chemical conversion film.
A standard screw gun with torque limiting nose piece set at a maximum of 3000 RPM drive speed recommended. Use a T-25 Star drive bit. Do not over torque as it can cause the head to snap or damage to the work surface.